Fire up the grill! These mini slider sandwiches pack a punch of flavor, zest and creaminess that will have your family coming back for seconds.
Prep: 20 minutes plus standing Grill: 20 minutes Serves: 6
- 2¼ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 1½ pounds beef loin tri-tip steak
- ½ large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups coleslaw mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, split lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons spicy barbeque sauce
- In small bowl, stir brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, dry mustard, salt and cayenne pepper; rub over steak and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place steak on hot grill rack; cover and cook 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140° for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer steak to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise 5 to 10° upon standing.) Slice steak against the grain.
- In large bowl, smash avocado and lemon juice; stir in mayonnaise and celery salt. Fold in onions and coleslaw mix. Makes about 2 cups.
- Serve steak in rolls topped with barbeque sauce and slaw mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 sliders): 505 Calories, 24g Fat (7g Saturated), 113mg Cholesterol, 766mg Sodium, 43g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 17g Sugars, 31g Protein