Everyone loves cherry juice, cherry ice cream, and best of all, cherry pie; however, it is an additional step to remove the pits of cherries so that you can enjoy your cherry favorites. Check out our tips and tricks below to more easily pit cherries.
Use a frosting tip: If you don’t have a traditional cherry pitter, use the small end of a frosting tip to gently push the pit out of the cherry.
Use a chop stick: Using the thin end of a chopstick is the easiest way to push a pit through a cherry with ease.
Use a straw: Use a standard straw to push a cherry pit through the cherry.
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 (1 x 1 x 6-inch) strips
2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat; soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
2. In small bowl, whisk butter, sugar and cinnamon. Thread pineapple onto skewers; brush with butter mixture. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
3. Serve skewers sprinkled with mint along with ice cream for dipping. Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 skewer, 2 tablespoons sauce): 106 Calories, 4g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 11mg Cholesterol, 9mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 15g Sugars, 4g Added Sugars, 1g Protein
Artichoke Pesto Pasta Salad is an easy healthy recipe that is perfect for dinner or lunch! Creamy pesto with basil and artichokes served with pasta, grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Ready in just over 20 minutes!
The perfect staple to any backyard barbecue. Fire up the grill and make these juicy mini versions of a summertime favorite.
Prep: 15 minutes – Grill: 5 minutes – Serves: 4
1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground beef
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
8 slider buns
1 cup baby arugula
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, gently mix beef, cheese, sauce, salt and pepper; do not overmix. Form beef mixture into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) patties.
2. Place onion on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once; transfer to cutting board, coarsely chop.
3. Place patties on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°, turning once. About 1 minute before burgers are done, place buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 1 minute or until buns are toasted.
4. Spread bottom buns with mustard and top buns with ketchup; serve burgers in buns topped with arugula and onion. Makes 8 mini burgers.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 mini burgers): 549 Calories, 20g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 113mg Cholesterol, 900mg Sodium, 47g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 11g Sugars, 8g Added Sugars, 44g Protein
These fruit sparklers are sure to be the star of your 4th of July festivities. They’re easy to make, and even easier to enjoy!
1 whole watermelon
16 oz fresh blueberries
Slice watermelon into 1 inch thick, vertical slices. Then use a small star shaped cookie cutter to make your shapes. This is possible to achieve from making a star out of a knife, which we wish you luck on this endeavor!
Add about 10 blueberries onto your skewers, and leave a bit of room at the bottom for room to hold.
Add your watermelon star to the top of the skewer and your fruit sparklers are ready to go. Cover and refrigerate for a later snack. Enjoy!
Grilled Fruit Kabobs are a win at any summer barbecue. The heat of the grill enhances the flavor of pineapples and melons.
Prep: 15 minutes plus soaking and standing – Grill: 8 minutes – Serves: 4
4 (10-inch) wooden skewers
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon fresh lime zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
8 (1-inch) cubes honeydew melon
8 (1-inch) cubes pineapple
8 (1-inch) cubes watermelon
1. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, oil, lime zest, salt and cayenne; add fruit and toss. Let fruit stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Alternately thread honeydew, pineapple and watermelon onto skewers; reserve lime juice mixture. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning every 2 minutes. Serve kabobs drizzled with leftover lime juice mixture.