Looking for a simple but special breakfast dish? Whip up some Stuffed French Toast for the ultimate breakfast favorite! This is perfect for your Mother’s Day or anytime you want to serve something easy but impressive for breakfast during spring!
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 20 minutes – Cook: 5 minutes – Serves: 4
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 4 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipped topping, thawed if necessary
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)
1. In medium bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Spread 4 slices of bread with cream cheese mixture; top with strawberries and remaining 4 slices bread. In large bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
3. On griddle or in large nonstick skillet, in batches if necessary, melt butter over medium heat; dip sandwiches in egg mixture to coat, allowing excess to drip off, place on griddle and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown and heated through, turning once.
4. Serve French toast topped with whipped topping and syrup, if desired, garnished with strawberries, if desired.
Serving size: 1 French toast, 2 tablespoons whipped topping
Approximate nutrition values per serving: 397 Calories, 23g Fat, 13g Saturated Fat, 94mg Cholesterol, 315mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 14g Sugars, 11g Added Sugars, 9g Protein