Summer is almost here which means it is time for some major ice cream consumption. Kick if off with this delicious ice cream cookie sandwich filled with creamy Red Button Vintage Creamery ice cream.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red Button Vintage Creamery Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Toppings, if desired (mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Microwave the butter until melted but not too hot.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugars until combined.
- Add vanilla and egg until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will look a little under baked in the middle.
- Let cool completely.
- Place a scoop of ice on top of cookie. Place another cookie on top and sandwich together ice cream.
- Roll sides of ice cream in topping if desired.