Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is the perfect dinner that has the tastiest parmesan garlic cream sauce. Golden, pan-fried garlic chicken takes this dish to the next level!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the fettuccine. Cook according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and salt & pepper on both sides. Coat them in flour.
- In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. When the pan is hot, cook the chicken for 5 minutes/side or until golden and cooked through. Take the pan off the heat, and remove the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, the cream cheese, cream, chicken broth, and garlic. Return the pan to the burner over medium heat. Once the butter has melted and the pan has heated up, use your spoon to help the cream cheese melt into the sauce.
- When the cream cheese is incorporated into the sauce, let it bubble for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little. Slice the chicken into bite-size strips.
- Stir the parmesan into the sauce. Let it cook for a minute. The sauce should be thick by now, but if you want to reduce it further, let it cook for a little longer. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Drain the fettuccine and add it to the skillet and toss with the sauce. Dish it up with the chicken on top and grate on more parmesan cheese as desired.