Grilling season is here! Fire up the grill and enjoy this tender salsa marinated steak. All you need is a few staple ingredients and you’ll have a tasty dinner perfect for any summer evening.
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 15 minutes plus marinating and standing
Grill: 17 minutes
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices yellow onion
- 2 poblano peppers, stemmed, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Place steak and salsa in large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage steak in bag to coat; refrigerate at least 2 or up to 4 hours.
2. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Spray both sides of steak with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place steak on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature of steak reaches 135¬∞ for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer steak to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.)
3. Brush both sides of onions and poblano peppers with butter; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 7 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill; cut poblano peppers into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Slice steak across the grain; serve topped with onions and peppers.
Approximate nutrition values per serving: 312 Calories, 17g Fat, 8g Saturated Fat, 112mg Cholesterol, 466mg Sodium, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 34g Protein