Enjoy a taste of summer with this simple afternoon snack. Lemon and cream cheese make for the perfect pair.
Shop all Crav’n Flavor products now! Shop online >>
- Crav’n Flavor Wheat Entertainment Crackers
- Cream cheese
- lemon slices
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs in small saucepan. Add the butter and cook over low heat, stirring continuously with a whisk, until the first bubble appears on the surface of the mixture. Check that the whisk marks hold. This takes about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the hot lemon curd to a bowl or jar and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, then take off the plastic wrap and replace with a lid.
- Once cold, assemble by spreading cream cheese on cracker, place a dollop of lemon curd on top and add a lemon slice.