Bring on warm weather and bust out the grill! Kick off grilling season with savory Bacon Cheeseburger Kabobs that are sure to have the whole family satisfied and coming back for more.
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking • Grill: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese, quartered
- 16 slices hamburger-style dill pickle chips
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over low heat; soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
2. In large bowl, gently mix beef, salt and pepper; form into 16 (1 1/4-inch) meatballs. Wrap each meatball with 1 piece bacon; alternately thread onion and meatballs onto center of skewers. Spray skewers with cooking spray; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 18 minutes, turning frequently. Top meatballs with cheese; cover and cook 2 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160º, bacon is crisp and cheese melts.
3. Alternately thread pickles, tomatoes and lettuce onto each end of skewers.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 373 Calories, 27g Fat, 11g Saturated Fat, 105mg Cholesterol, 778mg Sodium, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 31g Protein