This Rosemary-Lemon Chicken with Cucumber-Fennel Salad is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal that also tastes great!
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating • Broil: 7 minutes • Serves: 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders (about 8 tenders)
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Line rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. In small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, honey, rosemary, zest, salt and pepper. Makes about ½ cup.
- Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag; pour ½ the oil mixture over chicken. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 1 or up to 8 hours. Whisk yogurt into remaining oil mixture; refrigerate.
- Place oven rack 4 to 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to low. Transfer chicken and marinade to prepared pan; broil 7 minutes or until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165°.
- In large bowl, toss cucumber, fennel, onion and yogurt mixture. Makes about 6 cups.
- Serve chicken with cucumber-fennel salad.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 chicken tenders, 1½ cups salad): 348 Calories, 15g Fat (3g Saturated), 96mg Cholesterol, 598mg Sodium, 17g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 13g Sugars, 37g Protein