Happy July! It’s time for firecrackers and fireworks, gatherings with family and friends and delicious pancake breakfasts parties. To help you with all of your fun functions this month, Augason Farms is here to help you with all the food you’ll need to prepare.
For Your Breakfast Events
Pancake breakfasts are a popular event in Utah for both the Fourth of July and Pioneer Day. These are commonly bigger community gatherings, which means a lot of food is needed! Augason Farms has a number of delicious bakery mixes that can make your prep much easier. Here are a few of our most popular items and variations on how to prepare them.
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix- Augason Farms Buttermilk Pancake Mix is made from high quality flours that are blended to perfection. All you need to do is add water to prepare them. Full of wholesome goodness and irresistible flavor, a plate of steaming hot buttermilk pancakes with your favorite fruit or syrup generously poured over the top makes a perfect breakfast.
Variations: Substitute water for sour cream to make a thick, tangy variation. Keep bowls of cut up fruit, like bananas, strawberries and blueberries, next to your griddles so anyone can easily customize their pancakes. Mix to easily and quickly make waffles, biscuits, muffins and scones. The possibilities are abundant!
- Honey White Bread, Scone & Roll Mix- Augason Farms Honey White Bread, Scone and Roll Mix is a delicious, nourishing mix that can be used in a variety of ways. It is simple to make—just add water, oil and yeast. Their satisfying flavor and texture is filling and nourishing.
Variations: Scones are a favorite breakfast dish! Simply deep-fry the dough in vegetable or canola oil and top with honey butter and powdered sugar. Follow the instructions for honey white bread, and add cinnamon chips to the dough for a spicy twist to your favorite French toast.
- Blueberry Muffin Mix- Augason Farms Blueberry Muffin Mix is simple to make and full of flavorful blueberry bits. A baking classic with a touch of homemade goodness, these muffins are a welcome treat with the sweet taste of just picked blueberries.
Variations: For a zesty and tasty breakfast treat, bake the muffin mix in a doughnut pan. Mix up a glaze of powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice and a splash of milk and top with the doughnuts once they’re out of the oven.
Augason Farms is offering a special promotion this month only: Buy peanut butter and eggs and get buttermilk pancakes for free!
Keep Grains in Your Diet
Wheat and gluten have been getting a bad reputation lately, but unless you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, you don’t want to miss out on the benefits of whole grains. Here are a few benefits to including oats, wheat products and granola in your daily diet.
- Whole grains contain a lot of fiber, particularly oats. Because fiber digests slowly, fiber helps you feel fuller for longer. It can also help control blood sugar, lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Whole grains promote heart health and lower the risk of heart disease. Not only can whole grains like wheat, oats and brown rice lower your “bad” cholesterol, it can also help lower triglycerides—both of which are major contributors to heart disease. It can also help lower your blood pressure.
- Whole grains can help you control your weight. One study revealed that women who consumed whole grains, versus refined grains, had a 49% lower risk of weight gain over a period of time.
It doesn’t have to be hard to find grains and oats to use in your meal planning. Augason Farms has a variety of delicious grain products that you can keep stocked in your pantry and food storage for your everyday and emergency needs, including:
- Augason Farms Regular Rolled Oats– these make for a good hot or cold cereal that gives long lasting energy and can be added to many recipes, including protein bites, granola and smoothies.
- Augason Farms Long Grain Brown Rice- Brown rice bran and germ layers contain more nutrients than white rice, making it a naturally healthy choice for your food storage supply and everyday use. And because it stays fluffy after cooking, it’s ideal for use in salads, casseroles and stir-fry dishes.
- Augason Farms Hard White Wheat- When ground, hard white wheat produces light colored flour, while retaining its whole grain goodness and nutrition. It’s perfect for bread making, especially French bread and pizza crusts.
The best part is, when you buy Augason Farms’ products, you are choosing to purchase high quality products that you can feel good about. We are proud to provide our customers with solutions for long-term storage and short-term emergency preparedness.