Picnics are a must now that the weather is warming up and the grass is greening. Everyone loves a good picnic because it involves food, family & friends and fresh spring air.
Plan the perfect picnic with five tips that will ensure everyone has a good time.
- Simple Menu: Picnics are enjoyed when the food is equally delicious and simple. Pack all your family favorite foods like sandwiches, chips, fresh fruit, drinks and treats.
- Location: Location is just as important as the food. Make sure you pick a picnic spot that is shaded for eating but also sunny for when the food is gone and it’s time to play. A neighborhood park is perfect for kids so they can eat and then burn off energy on the playground or in the fields of green. Make sure your picnic spot has on-site amenities (restrooms).
- Seating Needs: Depending on location you will need to figure out your seating needs. If your location has tables don’t forget a tablecloth. If your planning on a more traditional picnic remember blankets, lawn chairs or mats for your family to sit on.
- Keep it cool: Make sure your food stays cool for the warm spring & summer days with an insulated cooler. No one likes warm sandwiches or fruit 🙂
- Have fun: Picnics are a great way to make memories during the warm months of the year. Plan fun games to play while the family is eating or after. And don’t forget your camera to capture these happy moments.
There is nothing better during the holiday season than supporting local businesses. We carry lots of local products to allow you that opportunity. Below is a list of local items you can come in and get today!
- Stephen’s Hot Cocoa
- Utah Truffles
- Sweets Orange Sticks
And so much more! Check out our weekly ad, and then hurry in and get the gift of local today!
During the holidays there is so much going on. Everyone is running around to get presents, neighbor gifts and so much more. These delicious homemade, holiday treats will be a delightful change for you and yours.
Very Berry Muffins-These delicious muffins only take about 30 minutes to make and are so yummy!
Apple Cinnamon Cake-This dish is guaranteed to be a neighborhood favorite.
Spicy Glazed Pecans-These are easy to whip up in just a little bit of time but still have that delicious taste!
Enjoy these yummy recipes this holiday season!
Utah proud Norbest, LLC has been raising turkeys in the pristine high mountain valleys of Moroni, Utah for over 85 years. Part of a larger turkey co-op, Norbest brings together ranching families who work hard to produce quality turkey products. Norbest turkeys are raised humanely, fed a balanced diet and receive close, daily contact with the ranchers. Learn more about Norbest here
Norbest knows turkey, follow their top 10 turkey tips here
Need to know what size to buy, checkout their turkey calculator
Soup is a delicious meal but sometimes can take too long. Try this recipe when you want that warm taste but don’t have much time.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cucumbers
- 1 cup squash
- 1 cup small egg noodles
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a pan
- Cook on medium until carrots are tender
Little ones are always on-the-go and Sprout’s is here to help! Whether it is a walk around the neighborhood, a fun vacation or a trip to the zoo, it is always filled with fun! During the month of June, when you spend $10 on Sprout baby products using your rewards phone number or comment on the Sprout’s Facebook post on our Facebook, you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a wagon filled with Sprout’s food and zoo passes or 1 of 10 backpacks filled with Sprout’s food and zoo passes! These prizes will make outings with your little ones a breeze, not to mention that they will also have a delicious, healthy snack to eat. Comment and come in today!
For terms and conditions and no purchase necessary click here!
Everyone has their own way to spread love on Valentine’s Day. Some prefer flowers and chocolates while others prefer balloons and a sweet note. All of these are great ways to celebrate your valentine but nothing says “I love you” like homemade meals and treats. Since a heart is the universal symbol of love we have put together a few simple ideas for you to show love with heart-shaped foods.
-Breakfast in Bed: Create a heart filled breakfast in bed tray by using heart shaped cookie cutters to form heart shaped toast, French toast, eggs or fruit.
-Sandwiches: Use heart cookie cutters to spruce up your lunch time peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese.
-Pizza: Make dinner time fun with a pizza bar. Shape your crust into small or large heart shapes and decorate your heart with all your favorite toppings. Use mini heart shape cutters to spice up your pepperoni for your pizza.
-Fruit Tray: Cut up all your favorite fruits and form them all into a heart for a healthy valentines snack.
-Baked Goods: After making any of your favorite baked good use a heart shaped cutter to add some love in. Make it a fun activity by adding pink and red frosting and topping it all off with valentine sprinkles.