Football season and chili cook-offs are two guaranteed parts of fall. While this recipe can’t guarantee a win, after trying some, you’ll feel like a winner either way.
2 sweet potatoes, diced
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced stewed tomatoes with chili seasonings
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
¾ cup diced sweet onion
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch onion powder
½ pound ground turkey
½ pound ground beef
1 (12 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn
In slow cooker, place sweet potatoes, tomato sauce, onion, chili powder, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Cook for 5 hours on high. Stirring occasionally.
Cook and stir ground turkey and ground beef in skillet until evenly browned.
Add meat, black bean and corn to the slow cooker and continue cooking until flavors have blended, about 1 to 2 more hours. Enjoy warm.
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ground jalapeno powder
- 3 tablespoons fine grind sea salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 rack Smithfield Prime Pork Back Ribs (membrane removed if desired)
- 1 handful hickory or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained(optional)
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Rub a light amount of oil on both sides of ribs and sprinkle a light coating of rub on both sides; let stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature. Once the first layer of rub turns wet from the meat, generously coat both sides of ribs with additional rub. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat charcoal grill using Kingsford Charcoal for indirect cooking at 250 F to 300 F. Add drained wood chips if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to the charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Continue cooking ribs for 1-2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more sauce.
- Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
Makes 2-4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes + 40 minutes stand time
Cook time: 3-4 hours
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Combine oil and seasonings together in a medium bowl. Wash the potatoes and slice into fries. Toss fries in oil and seasoning mixture. Place fries on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn fries occasionally.
Celebrate this Valentine’s Day with essentials for your cart and a treat to warm your heart. We have partnered with Proctor and Gamble to get you sweet savings on Red Button Vintage Creamery® sweets.
From February 5-14, 2017 rewards guests can earn discounts on Red Button Vintage Creamery® ice cream, gelato or pies by purchasing participating P&G products.
Purchase $15 of participating P&G products and get $5 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® Gelato, Ice Cream or pies. Purchase $20 of participating P&G products and get $10 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® Gelato, Ice Cream or pies. Purchase $25 of participating P&G products and get $15 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® Gelato, Ice Cream or pies.
The discounts will be issued to rewards guests in the following manner:
-$5 Red Button Vintage Creamery® discount: Customers who earned a $5 discount will receive an email on Feb 19th stating they have a $5 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® Gelato, Ice Cream or pies offer loaded to rewards account. Customer must have more than $5 in Red Button Vintage Creamery® in one order to redeem the savings. This coupon will be valid Feb 20-28th, 2017.
-$10 Red Button Vintage Creamery® discount: Customers who have earned $10 in Red Button Products On February 19th guests who have qualified for the $10 level will receive an email stating they have a $5 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® offer loaded to rewards account. This offer will be valid Feb 20-28th, 2017. They will receive a second email on March 1st stating they have another $5 off Red Button Vintage Creamery® offer loaded to rewards account. This coupon will be valid March 1-14, 2017. Customer must have more than $5 in Red Button in their order to redeem coupon.
-$15 Red Button Vintage Creamery® discount: Guests who earned a $15 discount will receive three $5 off coupons. They will receive an email on Feb 19th stating they have a $5 off Red Button coupon loaded to rewards account. This coupon will be valid Feb 20-28th, 2017. They will receive another email on March 1st stating they have another $5 off Red Button coupon loaded to rewards account. This coupon will be valid March 1-14, 2017. They will receive another email on March 15th stating they have another $5 off Red Button coupon loaded to rewards account. Customer must have more than $5 in Red Button in their order to redeem coupon.
For complete terms and conditions click here.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
¼ cup Augason Farms™ Tomato Powder
½ cup water
1-16 oz. can crushed pineapple, with juice
½ teaspoon ginger
1 clove garlic- pressed
Dash of soy sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
In a small saucepan mix all ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a low boil, then add cornstarch and turn heat to low. Stir constantly until mixture thickens slightly – about 5 minutes.