A tasty trio mixed together in this simply delicious spring salad.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
Cut the watermelon and cucumbers. Combine into bowl with mint. Make dressing.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
Pour dressing over watermelon, cucumber, mint mixture and lightly stir. Add in feta and gently stir to combine.
Nothing says warm weather like a delicious and zesty potato salad.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Full Circle Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced Full Circle Organic Celery
- ½ cup shredded Full Circle Organic Carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ cup Full Circle Organic Green Onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped Full Circle Organic Parsley
- ¼ cup Full Circle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Full Circle Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1½ teaspoon Full Circle Frozen Chopped Garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground Full Circle Mixed Peppercorns
Cut potatoes into quarters; place in a large pan and cover with cold water, add salt. Bring potatoes to boil over medium heat, boil gently 5 minutes. Shut heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup potato cooking liquid. Drain potatoes, do not rinse, transfer to a large bowl. Add celery, carrots and red pepper. Combine green onion, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and peppercorns in small food processor bowl; while processing, drizzle in reserved potato cooking water and process, pulsing until blended. Toss dressing into potatoes and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. 8 servings.
Get more Full Circle recipes like this here.
With strawberries in season, treat yourself to this delicious and light spring salad.
- 5 oz. arugula
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Wash and dry arugula.
- Cut fresh mozzarella
- Quarter strawberries.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil with the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Combine arugula, mozzarella, almonds, strawberries, and dress with the lemon olive oil vinaigrette for a delicious and healthy salad.
Quick and refreshing salad filled with freshness, sweetness and crunch.
- 4-5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 can mandarin oranges (reserve juice)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons juice from canned mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Toss together the lettuce greens, mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. Make the salad dressing by mixing juice, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.
With its rainbow of fresh produce, a salad can be a delicious and striking part of your meal…not to mention loaded with nutrients! Now, if dousing your salad with a calorie-laden dressing is the only way to get your picky eaters to enjoy it, I’ll call that a win. A better option (double win?) would be to use a lighter, healthier dressing. Here are four healthy and delicious salad dressings you can make in less than five minutes:
- Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt-This savory dressing pairs wonderfully with all salads and is great for dipping as well. Try yours with spring mix, julienne carrots, bean sprouts and cucumber!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Offering a distinctive Mediterranean flavor, this dressing pairs wonderfully with baby spinach, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing– The Greek yogurt provides the creamy texture you’ve come to expect in a Caesar salad with less fat and more protein. I guarantee you won’t miss your old Caesar one bit!
- Raspberry Vinaigrette – The raspberry vinegar lends a deep, complex flavor with fruit undertones to this salad dressing. Pairs well with spinach, berries and nuts.
Enjoy making these healthy salad dressings and get that double win at your next meal!