This light and refreshing salad is a great lunch during the summer heat.
Check out this week’s deals in our Weekly Ad!
Prep: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 pound summer tomatoes, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 large ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cob (about 1½ cups)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil, parsley and/or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients. Makes about 4 cups.
Try using a variety of the season’s best tomatoes including different colors and sizes in this recipe.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup): 119 Calories, 8g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 253mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 2g Protein