Tender ribs packed with barbecue flavor.
What you’ll need:
2 racks of pork ribs ( 5 lbs.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce – try out this delicious option!
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover baking sheet with two double layers of foil (one for each rack of rib) and place ribs on top. Stir together all ingredients except BBQ sauce. Rub all over ribs. Wrap each rack. Bake for 2 hours or until ribs are cooked through and tender. Open foil package and pour juices from rib unto a cup or bowl. Put foil back covering the ribs and refrigerated. Once cooled re-wrap ribs with foil.
Turn on grill at high heat. Place ribs on grill and cover with BBQ sauce often. Turn occasionally. Let them heat through for about 7-10 minutes.
Remove from grill and onto cutting board to cut between ribs to separate. Enjoy with extra barbecue sauce.
At our stores, when you say barbecue, we don’t mean sauces, glazes or rubs; although we have plenty of those as well and at great prices. We believe great barbecue starts and ends with hardwood smoke and the finest meats. It’s a time-honored tradition that requires both skill and patience.
Ribs smoked “low and slow” and tender flavorful chicken demand hours of planning and preparation. That is exactly what goes in to each and every event featuring our exclusive BBQ Box smoker. It gives you the best slowly smoked, mouthwatering meats without all the work. And they are definitely addicting.
This tasty trailer is now available at all Lin’s locations! Make sure to checkout our weekly ad to see the best deals on sides for your delectable smoked dinner.
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ground jalapeno powder
- 3 tablespoons fine grind sea salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 rack Smithfield Prime Pork Back Ribs (membrane removed if desired)
- 1 handful hickory or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained(optional)
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Rub a light amount of oil on both sides of ribs and sprinkle a light coating of rub on both sides; let stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature. Once the first layer of rub turns wet from the meat, generously coat both sides of ribs with additional rub. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat charcoal grill using Kingsford Charcoal for indirect cooking at 250 F to 300 F. Add drained wood chips if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to the charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Continue cooking ribs for 1-2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more sauce.
- Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
Makes 2-4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes + 40 minutes stand time
Cook time: 3-4 hours
At Macey’s, when you say barbecue, we don’t mean sauces, glazes or rubs; although we have plenty of those as well and at great prices. We believe great barbecue starts and ends with hardwood smoke and the finest meats. It’s a time-honored tradition that requires both skill and patience.
Ribs smoked “low and slow” and tender flavorful chicken demand hours of planning and preparation. That is exactly what goes in to each and every event featuring our exclusive BBQ Box smoker. It gives you the best slowly smoked, mouthwatering meats without all the work. We grill and you just chill.
This tasty traveling trailer makes frequent stops at all our locations serving up the best smoked meats around. Watch for details of the BBQ Box coming to a store near you or check out this schedule. If all else fails, follow the smoke or the smell of delicious smoked meats…