Spread the joy of the holiday season to your neighbor and friends with simple and delicious gifts you can buy while shopping at Macey’s. We have some amazing deals right now that are sure to delight your wallet and your neighbors.
Here are some great ideas:
- Give a beautifully packaged gift box.
- Create a orange wreath with cellophane and bows.
- Happy Holidays! Orange you glad we are neighbors? We are!
- Simply place a bow on top of the canister or packaging and tada!
- Warmest wishes this holiday season!
- Baby it’s cold outside! So stay warm this holiday season!
- Wishing you a sparkling holiday season!
- We wish you a “sparkly” Christmas!
- You’re the best thing since sliced bread! Merry Christmas!
- Wrap gift with “Baked with Love” tag.
- We made this sweet treat for you to eat! Happy Holidays!
These are just a few simple ideas for your neighbor gifts.
The Holidays are here! This means yummy winter citrus! Making candied peels out of your oranges, grapefruit and lemon peels is a wonderful way to make the most out of your fruit. Candied peels are a great garnish to add to ice cream or cakes to make them a little more festive. You can also chop them and mix them in with your favorite bread dough or muffin batter. Dip them in some chocolate and and you’ve got yourself an easy gift!
Your choice of citrus –
4 cups of water
4 cups of sugar, plus more for rolling
Make several cuts from the top to the bottom of the citrus, deep enough to penetrate the peel without cutting into the fruit.
Carefully remove the peel from the fruit. Cut the peels lengthwise into about ¼ inch wide strips. Remove extra fruit from each strip.
Place peels in large pot and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and then drain. Repeat this process twice.
In a separate pan, combine 4 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves.
Using a pastry brush wet the sides of the pan to stop sugar crystals from forming.
Add peels to the mixture and simmer over medium-low heat until peels are translucent. About an hour.
Remove from heat. Once peels have cooled remove from syrup and place on a wire rack. Use paper towels to blot off extra syrup and roll strips in sugar. Arrange in a single layer and let dry for 30 minutes.
Quick and refreshing salad filled with freshness, sweetness and crunch.
- 4-5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 can mandarin oranges (reserve juice)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons juice from canned mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Toss together the lettuce greens, mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. Make the salad dressing by mixing juice, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.
There is nothing better during the holiday season than supporting local businesses. We carry lots of local products to allow you that opportunity. Below is a list of local items you can come in and get today!
- Stephen’s Hot Cocoa
- Utah Truffles
- Sweets Orange Sticks
And so much more! Check out our weekly ad, and then hurry in and get the gift of local today!