During the month of August we have the incredible opportunity to help grant wishes for many Utah children facing life-threatening and debilitating illnesses through a partnership with Make a Wish Utah. During the drive you will have the opportunity to purchase an icon during checkout and contribute to granting a wish of a Utah child. Because of your generous support over the last ten years, we have been able to grant more than 95 wishes and make a difference for numerous children by providing experiences and adventures they otherwise might not get to participate in.
Wishes can range from travel opportunities to once in a lifetime experiences, but regardless of the nature of the wish, each one provides hope and smiles to children and their families. Most often, wishes are granted at a time that the child and their family need an extra boost to get through a difficult time.
We appreciate your support and can’t wait to help even more Utah children this year.
Make-A-Wish Star Icon Drive- Help Make Wishes Come True
Each year, Make-A-Wish Utah grants the wishes of children with life threatening illnesses, strengthening and empowering the lives of local families. The wishes that are granted are powerful—their reach gives the wish child and their families well-deserved joy, hope and strength that can help wish kids fight harder against their illnesses. Even health professionals who treat wish kids overwhelmingly agree that a wish can improve a wish kids’ physical health—with many parents crediting wishes for being the turning point in recovery for their child.
Join us in making the dreams of a local child with a life threatening illness come true now through September 5 by purchasing a star icon when you checkout.
Together, we are changing lives, one child, one family, one wish at a time.
Facts about Make-A-Wish:
- The average cash cost of a wish is $5,000.
- Every dollar raised through this campaign stays here in Utah.
- Eighty-four cents of every $1 raised goes directly to grant wishes.
- Make-A-Wish Utah serves the entire State of Utah
- Make-A-Wish Utah grants an average of 3 wishes a week.
- Two Hundred and fifty volunteers give their time to make wishes come true.
- Make-A-Wish Utah will grant a total of 170 this year.
- In the last 5 years, Associated Retail Operations (Macey’s, Dan’s, Lin’s, Fresh Market and Dick’s Market have donated approximately 343,000 in wishes, granting 68 wishes.