Take the tastiness of bacon and add caramel, maple syrup, and chocolate and you get some of the best brownies you’ll ever taste. These Maple-Caramel Bacon Brownies will make your mouth water just thinking about it!
Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling • Bake: 35 minutes • Serves: 20
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 box (19.9 ounces) Betty Crocker™ Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- In small bowl, whisk caramel topping and syrup; cover and refrigerate. Makes about ¾ cup.
- In large bowl, prepare brownie mix as label directs; fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared dish; sprinkle with pecans, bacon and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake brownie 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool; drizzle with caramel mixture. Cut into 20 squares.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 brownie): 286 Calories, 14g Fat (4g Saturated), 21mg Cholesterol, 188mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 29g Sugars, 4g Protein