Game day wouldn’t be the same without some spicy barbecue wings to help you root on your team. This recipe will be a touchdown at your party and is sure to have the crowd cheering.
Prep: 20 minutes • Bake/Broil: 26 minutes • Serves: 6
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ½ cup favorite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. In small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon cumin, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and lemon pepper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off wing tips and to split chicken wings at the joint into 2 pieces; discard wing tips. Coat wings with seasoning mixture.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat 1 minute; add wings and cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer wings to rimmed baking pan.
- Bake wings 24 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Turn broiler on high; broil wings 2 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
- In small bowl, whisk barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, sriracha and remaining 2 teaspoons cumin until well combined. Serve wings with sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 272 Calories, 12g Fat (4g Saturated), 100mg Cholesterol, 1043mg Sodium, 22g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 17g Protein