A great activity for this patriotic week–everyone is sure to have a blast making these patriotic candy poppers.
What you’ll need:
- toilet paper tubes
- scrapbook or cardstock paper
- tissue paper
- candy and confetti
- adhesive-hot glue gun, glue sticks, double stick tap, glue dots or tape runner
1.Measure the length of your toilet paper tubes and cut a strip of scrapbook or cardstock paper to wrap around it. Use adhesive to secure.
2. Cut a piece of tissue paper that will fit inside the toilet paper tube–the circumference. Line the bottom inside edge of the tube with adhesive. Press the tissue paper on adhesive all around the inside circumference. This will the be the tail of your popper.
3. Gather the tissue paper together once adhered to tube and tie with ribbon or string. Cut off excess tissue paper. You only need a few inches of tissue paper below where the ribbon/string is tied.
4. Cut a large half circle out of scrapbook/cardstock paper and roll into a cone. Trim to desired length.
5. Fill tubes with candy and confetti. Line the top edge of toilet paper tube with adhesive and secure cone top onto the tube.
6. When you are ready to celebrate hold the toilet paper tube and pull the tied tissue paper section and POP to get your sweet surprise!
The sweetest day of the year is almost year! Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without some kind of treat. This year we propose you bring your family and friends together for some Valentine’s Day fun, laughter and sweets. Decorating cookies is tradition for many holidays. Add Valentine’s Day to that list.
There are so many fun things you can do with valentine cookies. First off, there are many options of fun cookie cutters like hearts, lips, X’s, O’s, arrows and more. Try out some different shapes with your cookies. Even if you only have a circle cookie cutter you can let your creativity shine with sprinkles and frosting. There are so many options of sprinkles now a days from basic dots to larger bold shapes. With your frosting try some festive shades. You can go simple and spread the frosting on each cookie or you can try some piping techniques.
We have found so many great valentine cookies ideas and have put them all into one place! Click here to check out our Pinterest board.
And if you are in a time crunch stop in to your local Macey’s and grab some of our bakery fresh sugar cookies! We have everything you need for a valentine cookie sweet treat.
Things you will need:
- Baking mix
- Fabric scrap 13×26
- Ribbon or string
- Decorative tags, floral, etc.
1. Place baking mix bag above center of fabric.
2. Fold sides in towards the baking mix bag.
3. Bring bottom up and fold over top of baking mixture. Use string or ribbon to tie around the top of fabric ends. Add decorative elements for an added holiday touch.
If you use a boxed baking mix, remove the bag from box, cut out instructions on box and place in the fabric with baking mix bag.