Father’s Day is this Sunday so it is time to decide how you are going to celebrate the men in your life. We all know that the way to any man’s heart is through his stomach. So why not get a gift that will have his heart and his stomach smiling? We have put together a list of 15 ways you and your kids can show love this Father’s Day with food.
- Soda: You’re the best POP!
- Nuts: We are NUTS about you Dad!
- Fresh Baked Muffins: We would be MUFFIN without you Dad!
- Popcorn: To the best POP in the world!
- Swedish Fish: You’re a CATCH! Happy Father’s Day!
- Reeses Pieces: We love you to PIECES Dad!
- Kit Kat: Take a break today Dad! You deserve it!
- Donuts: Donut you know? You’re an awesome Dad!
- Pops Basket (include Corn Pops, Pop-Tarts, Popcorn, Pop Rocks, Poppyseed muffins, Quaker Popped Chips: Happy POPS Day!
- Fruit Basket: We are BANANAS about you Dad!
- Pizza: Any way you slice it…you’re the best Dad!
- Peanut M&Ms: To my slightly nutty but sweet Dad!
- Ice Cream: Dad, you’re the COOLest!
- Fresh Baked Cookies: Dad, you’re one smart COOKIE!
- Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears: We love you BEAR-Y much!
Are you looking for ways to celebrate this Memorial Day holiday? Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer which is celebrated with BBQ’s, picnics and spending time with family and friends. Make sure to find time this Memorial Day to remember and honor what the day stands for. Here are some great ideas:
- Decorate with Flags: Visit a local cemetery and place flags on gravestones of veterans. Don’t forgot to decorate your home with flags to show appreciation for those who have and are serving in the armed forces.
- Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance: At 3 pm on Memorial Day pause for one minute and remember those who have and are serving in the armed forces.
- Thank a veteran: Have you family visit family members or friends that have served. Listen to their experiences. If you do not have veterans close you can take a moment to write letters.
- Attend a parade: Some towns have parades on Memorial Day. You can find information for events on city websites.
Too see our Memorial Day savings, click here.
Celebrate Pioneer Day with Ace Hardware. With everything needed for grilling, including grills, accessories, seasonings and sauces, along with bulk propane available at our Draper and Murray locations. Ace Rewards members receive free assembly and delivery on grills over $399.
Save $25 on meat!
Nothing is better than the smell of something cooking on the grill, except for saving money! From now until September 8, purchase any Traeger, Weber or Big Green Egg grill from Ace Hardware in Draper, Murray, Olympus Hills or Sandy and get a $25 discount off a purchase from our meat department. Discount valid on: Certified Angus Beef brisket and steaks, Smithfield Prime pork shoulder and pork chops, Fog River Salmon and Just Bare Chicken thighs, drumsticks and whole chickens.
Must present grill receipt to customer service to receive coupon. Visit store for details
Check out these tips from Ace, Traeger, Weber and Big Green Egg:
Enter to win a FREE Weber grill for DAD and other giveaways! Visit our Sandy location at 10303 S. 1300 East on Saturday, June 16 from 1 PM – 3 PM during our radio remote for your chance to win. Also, take advantage of our bucket sale, receive 20% off anything that fits in the bucket and great deals on gifts for Father’s Day!
Father’s Day is June 17 and Ace Hardware has big savings on gifts for Dad. Save on brands like Craftsman, DeWalt, Yeti, Weber and Traeger. We’re also giving away two Weber grills, just in time for Father’s Day! Enter to win one on Facebook at @AceHardwareUtah or visit us at our Sandy location on Saturday, June 16 for your chance to win. Facebook winner will be selected and notified on Friday, June 15.
Ace Rewards members receive FREE assembly and delivery on grills over $399 throughout the summer. Ace Hardware also has free store pickup, buy online and pickup today! Visit us in Draper, Murray, Olympus Hills and Sandy or at acehardware.com. Visit our Father’s Day ad for all of the great deals:
Need propane? Our Draper and Murray locations have bulk propane available for $2.99/gallon
What you’ll need:
- Boxed Devil’s Food Cake Mix (with needed ingredients on box)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Make and bake the cupcakes according to boxed cake instructions. Let cool completely. Beat heavy cream in small bowl until soft peak forms. Slowly add marshmallow creme. Beat until stiff peaks form. Frost or pipe whipped cream mixture onto cooled cupcakes. Top frosting with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Celebrate Memorial Day at Ace with savings on items for your yard, patio grill and home, including 30% off select gallons of paint. Instant savings are available exclusively for Ace Rewards members, including free assembly and delivery on select Weber and Traeger grills, sign up and start saving today! Come see us at our locations in Draper, Murray, Olympus Hills & Sandy.
Ace is your choice for propane at our Draper and Murray locations. RV friendly with easy access, seven days a week for only $2.99/gallon. Look for our flyer in the mail to save $5.00 on Amerigas propane exchange from May 16-June 2, 2018.
How are you celebrating mom this Mother’s Day?
Every mother likes to be reminded that she is loved and her hard work is appreciated. This Mother’s Day show your mother how much you care in a different and simple way. We have put together a list of creative ways to do that; whether with a beauty basket or her favorite treat.
- Beauty Basket: A beauty basket for my beautiful mother. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Fruit Basket: You are one in a melon and a grape mom. Orange you glad you are the apple of my eye? Thanks for being the berry best mom ever!
- Baked Goods Basket: I “donut” know what I would do without you Mom. So here is a little yummy for your tummy to say thanks! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Oreo’s: Thanks to you mom I am one smart cookie.
- Reese’s: There are a million “Reese’s” why I love you Mom!
- LifeSavers: You are a LifeSaver Mom!
- Extra gum: I hope this Mother’s Day is “Extra” special just like you.
- Almond Joy: It is a joy to have you as my Mom!
- Nuts: I am totally “nuts” about how amazing you are!
- Popcorn: “POP, POP, POP, POP, oh what a great mom we’ve got!”
- M&M’s: You are a Magnificent & Marvelous MOM!
Whether you decide to get mom a beauty basket or her favorite treat, we have some great savings for the month of May that are perfect for any mom.
Check out our fresh floral department for beautiful bouquets and hanging baskets all moms will adore.
Your local grocery store has all the products listed above, cards, gift cards and flowers to impress mom this Mother’s Day.
It’s plain and simple; upcycling makes a positive impact on the environment. But do you know what upcycling actually is? Upcycling is the process of converting old or discarded materials into something new or useful.
Each time you shop at the grocery store, you are sure to get boxes, cartons, jars, and other containers that are easily upcycled. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Baby Food Jar Grass BuddyThis is the perfect project for kids. They love to watch things grow and making a friend out of it is fun too. All you need is a baby food jar, dirt, grass seeds, glue and some decorations (googly eyes, buttons, etc.) then follow these easy steps: 1) Fill about ¾ of the jar with dirt and then add the grass seeds. 2) Water the seeds and then place a little more dirt over them. 3) Create a face on the jar with the googly eyes, buttons and other decorations. 4) Watch the grass grow (and don’t forget to water it, when the dirt is dry).
- Wipe Canister/Grocery Bag Dispenser
Grocery bags are great to reuse for trash can liners, dirty diapers, wet clothes, etc. but storing those bags can often be a challenge. Our solution is to put all of the bags in a wipe canister, which makes them easy to pull out one at a time. If you are feeling ambitious you can also decorate the canister with fabric or paper.
- Decorative Jar
Take a pickle or pasta jar and create a cute jar to hold snacks for your kids, q-tips or any other items that need a jar. To create this jar you will need a jar, sand paper, a drill, a knob, a washer and paint. Then follow these steps: 1) Sand the lid of your jar until the paint or writing on the jar is gone. 2) Paint the lid. 3) Very carefully drill a whole in the center of the lid. 4) Place the knob through the whole and twist the washer in place.
- Mint Container Organizer
Small things like poppy pins and paper clips can easily get lost in a drawer or purse. Use a mint container to easily organize these items and keep them together. You can also use them to store your head phone, this keeps them from getting tangled and makes them easy to find in your purse or back back.
- Tin Can Lantern
Create a rustic tin can lantern for holiday decor, wedding or party. To get started find a tin can, remove the label and fill it with water. Then put the can in the freezer until the water is completely frozen. Then follow these steps: 1) Draw your desired design on a peice of paper. 2) Tape your paper to the outside of your can. 3) Use a small nail and a hammer to get each hole started. 4) Use your drill to complete the holes. Be sure to go very slowly, as the can is not very thick. 5) Cut five inch piece off a wire hanger and bend the wire to create a half circle for the handle. 6) use needle nose pliers to bend a small “c” at each end of wire. 7) Slide the wire in the hole on each side of your latern to create a handle.
Hopefully, this will inspire you to take another look at items you might consider trash and find a practical way to upcycle them.