Show your Patriotism with this delicious Red, White and Bleu Burger!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil
- t tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 cups arugula or lettuce
- 4 toasted buns
- Dijon mustard
- Combine first six ingredients and separate into four equal sized patties approximately 3/4 inches thick.
- Grill the burgers on medium high heat until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 4-6 minutes (depending on how you like your meat.) Flip over the burgers and repeat.
- While burger is cooking, cook bacon on a skillet, drain excess grease.
- Add bleu cheese to burger 1 minute before finished cooking. Toast buns on grill.
- Toss arugula with 2 tsp. of olive oil. Top burger with arugula, bacon, Dijon mustard and any other toppings of choice (tomato, onion, etc.).
Today is National Grilled Cheese Day! The perfect day to grab some bread, cheese, butter and get to grilling. Grilled cheese is a family favorite meal because it is super easy to make and super tasty to eat. The classic is delicious but there are so many yummy ways to eat grilled cheese. It can be made to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. Here are 10 ways to grilled cheese, along with the ingredients needed, that we think are scrumptious. Enjoy!
- Hawaiian: pineapple slices, Canadian bacon slices, Monterrey jack cheese
- Bacon: provolone cheese, mild cheddar cheese, bacon strips
- Pepperoni Pizza: pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese
- Fried Egg: fried egg, colby jack cheese, pepper jack cheese
- Banana Honey: banana slices, cream cheese, honey
- Bacon, Avocado, Tomato: bacon strips, mozzarella cheese, avocado slices, tomato slices, basil leaves
- Cheddar Apple Bacon: cheddar cheese, apple slices, bacon strips
- Caprese: basil leaves, tomato slices, mozzarella cheese
- Caramel Apple: cream cheese, apple pie filling, caramel sauce
- Ham Havarti: ham slices, havarti cheese, dijon mustard, honey