Are you looking for ways to celebrate this Memorial Day holiday? Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer which is celebrated with BBQ’s, picnics and spending time with family and friends. Make sure to find time this Memorial Day to remember and honor what the day stands for. Here are some great ideas:
- Decorate with Flags: Visit a local cemetery and place flags on gravestones of veterans. Don’t forgot to decorate your home with flags to show appreciation for those who have and are serving in the armed forces.
- Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance: At 3 pm on Memorial Day pause for one minute and remember those who have and are serving in the armed forces.
- Thank a veteran: Have you family visit family members or friends that have served. Listen to their experiences. If you do not have veterans close you can take a moment to write letters.
- Attend a parade: Some towns have parades on Memorial Day. You can find information for events on city websites.
How are you celebrating mom this Mother’s Day?
Every mother likes to be reminded that she is loved and her hard work is appreciated. This Mother’s Day show your mother how much you care in a different and simple way. We have put together a list of creative ways to do that; whether with a beauty basket or her favorite treat.
- Beauty Basket: A beauty basket for my beautiful mother. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Fruit Basket: You are one in a melon and a grape mom. Orange you glad you are the apple of my eye? Thanks for being the berry best mom ever!
- Baked Goods Basket: I “donut” know what I would do without you Mom. So here is a little yummy for your tummy to say thanks! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Oreo’s: Thanks to you mom I am one smart cookie.
- Reese’s: There are a million “Reese’s” why I love you Mom!
- LifeSavers: You are a LifeSaver Mom!
- Extra gum: I hope this Mother’s Day is “Extra” special just like you.
- Almond Joy: It is a joy to have you as my Mom!
- Nuts: I am totally “nuts” about how amazing you are!
- Popcorn: “POP, POP, POP, POP, oh what a great mom we’ve got!”
- M&M’s: You are a Magnificent & Marvelous MOM!
Whether you decide to get mom a beauty basket or her favorite treat, we have some great savings for the month of May that are perfect for any mom.
Check out our fresh floral department for beautiful bouquets and hanging baskets all moms will adore.
Your local grocery store has all the products listed above, cards, gift cards and flowers to impress mom this Mother’s Day.