The last thing you need this time of year is a complicated recipe 🙂 Try out this tasty and simple caramel apple recipe to take to any of your holiday gatherings.
- Kraft Caramels or Caramel Bits
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 apples (we suggest granny smith)
- wood sticks
- Rinse off your apples and pat them dry.
- Insert wood sticks into apples.
- Put wax paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix caramels, vanilla and water in a medium saucepan over low heat until combined. Stir constantly.
- Dip apples into caramel mixture.
- Place apples on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until caramel is set.
You can also try a spin on the traditional caramel apples and do a caramel apple bar. It is great for parties. Follow caramel recipe above but instead cut apples into slices right before party. Have sticks available for guests to spear the apples and dip into caramel sauce. Place an array of dipping toppings in small bowls. Some great topping ideas are sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.
The holiday season is among us which means fun gatherings with family and friends. You never want to show up empty handed so we put together our Caramel Corn Puff Box to make your life a little easier.
Grab a box today and a stick of butter to whip up a batch today (see recipe below). Your family and friends will not be disappointed with the delicious treat you bring to share.
All the following items are included for the amazing price of $7.
- Western Family Brown Sugar 2 lb.
- Western Family Corn Syrup
- Western Family Puff Corn (2 packs)
- Western Family Baking Soda
Grab a box today at any Associated Food Store.
Caramel Apple Box, a sweet deal for only $7.
Caramel apples are a fun fall tradition that date back to the early 1900’s. William Kolb, a candy maker, is known for creating the first candied apple by experimenting with red cinnamon candy. He placed the apples in his store window and they’ve been a big hit ever since. People loved the candied apple so much that they started making their own variations; one being the caramel apple.
Making caramel apples are a fun, but collecting the sticks, caramels and toppings can be a challenge. Don’t worry; we have made it easy for you! Pick up our Carmel Box and create the perfect caramel apples.
For just $7 you get:
- Two 5 oz. bags of Werther’s chewy or soft caramels
- One bag of Diamond almonds
- One 30 ct. package of apple sticks
- One jar Cake Mate sprinkles
Don’t forget to stop in the produce department for apples. We have a great selection at great prices!