Quick and refreshing salad filled with freshness, sweetness and crunch.
- 4-5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 can mandarin oranges (reserve juice)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons juice from canned mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Toss together the lettuce greens, mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. Make the salad dressing by mixing juice, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.
With its rainbow of fresh produce, a salad can be a delicious and striking part of your meal…not to mention loaded with nutrients! Now, if dousing your salad with a calorie-laden dressing is the only way to get your picky eaters to enjoy it, I’ll call that a win. A better option (double win?) would be to use a lighter, healthier dressing. Here are four healthy and delicious salad dressings you can make in less than five minutes:
- Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt-This savory dressing pairs wonderfully with all salads and is great for dipping as well. Try yours with spring mix, julienne carrots, bean sprouts and cucumber!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Offering a distinctive Mediterranean flavor, this dressing pairs wonderfully with baby spinach, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing– The Greek yogurt provides the creamy texture you’ve come to expect in a Caesar salad with less fat and more protein. I guarantee you won’t miss your old Caesar one bit!
- Raspberry Vinaigrette – The raspberry vinegar lends a deep, complex flavor with fruit undertones to this salad dressing. Pairs well with spinach, berries and nuts.
Enjoy making these healthy salad dressings and get that double win at your next meal!