Show your Patriotism with this delicious Red, White and Bleu Burger!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil
- t tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 cups arugula or lettuce
- 4 toasted buns
- Dijon mustard
- Combine first six ingredients and separate into four equal sized patties approximately 3/4 inches thick.
- Grill the burgers on medium high heat until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 4-6 minutes (depending on how you like your meat.) Flip over the burgers and repeat.
- While burger is cooking, cook bacon on a skillet, drain excess grease.
- Add bleu cheese to burger 1 minute before finished cooking. Toast buns on grill.
- Toss arugula with 2 tsp. of olive oil. Top burger with arugula, bacon, Dijon mustard and any other toppings of choice (tomato, onion, etc.).
Enhance your grilled asparagus with bacon.
15 spears of asparagus
5 slices of bacon
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Wrap slice of bacon around 3 spears of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Place asparagus bundles on grill for 5 minutes. Flip to the other side and grill for 5 more minutes.
This simple recipe is sure to be a repeat favorite in your home. It’s simple and wallet friendly ingredients mix together to offer the feeling and experience of high-class dinner without the price tag. Treat your family to a high class experience that is easy on your budget and leaves you more time to enjoy your family.
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Milk to moisten
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of onion powder
- In a large bowl place bread crumbs and enough milk to moisten them; it should be about the consistency of oatmeal.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Make into six ¾” patties and wrap with bacon.
- Use toothpicks to keep bacon in place.
- Grill on medium heat until done or broil in oven for 15 minutes 3 inches from broiler.
- 1 loaf bread baked and cubed from Augason Farms Honey White Bread, Roll, and Scone Mix
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups Augason Farms Creamy Potato Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups prepared Augason Farms Morning Moo’s Low Fat Milk Alternative
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Cook bacon bits, onion and garlic in butter, saute until tender. Add dry soup mix and milk. Cook until tender. Remove from heat. Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Dip bread cubes in fondue pot.