Sweet, crispy waffles mixed with the savory flavors of nachos is a combination you really don’t want to miss out on. This fun and unique recipe is one of our favorites and we’re sure it will be one of yours as well.
Prep: 20 minutes • Bake/Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 6
- 4 slices Buckley Farms™ Thick Cut Sliced Bacon, chopped
- 6 frozen Food Club® Homestyle Waffles, cut into wedges
- ¾ cup Food Club® Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 4 Food Club® Grade AA Large Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Food Club® Coarse Pure Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Food Club® Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Food Club® Medium Chunky Salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; with slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate, cool and crumble.
- Arrange waffles on prepared pan; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. In large, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add egg mixture and cook 5 minutes or to desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- Serve waffles topped with eggs, bacon, avocado, onion, salsa, cilantro and hot sauce, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 topped waffle): 304 Calories, 20g Fat (7g Saturated), 154mg Cholesterol, 693mg Sodium, 18g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 11g Protein