A great activity for this patriotic week–everyone is sure to have a blast making these patriotic candy poppers.
What you’ll need:
- toilet paper tubes
- scrapbook or cardstock paper
- tissue paper
- candy and confetti
- adhesive-hot glue gun, glue sticks, double stick tap, glue dots or tape runner
1.Measure the length of your toilet paper tubes and cut a strip of scrapbook or cardstock paper to wrap around it. Use adhesive to secure.
2. Cut a piece of tissue paper that will fit inside the toilet paper tube–the circumference. Line the bottom inside edge of the tube with adhesive. Press the tissue paper on adhesive all around the inside circumference. This will the be the tail of your popper.
3. Gather the tissue paper together once adhered to tube and tie with ribbon or string. Cut off excess tissue paper. You only need a few inches of tissue paper below where the ribbon/string is tied.
4. Cut a large half circle out of scrapbook/cardstock paper and roll into a cone. Trim to desired length.
5. Fill tubes with candy and confetti. Line the top edge of toilet paper tube with adhesive and secure cone top onto the tube.
6. When you are ready to celebrate hold the toilet paper tube and pull the tied tissue paper section and POP to get your sweet surprise!