Grilling calls for a variety of recipes, with kabobs coming in on top! Whether it’s a fajita style skewer or a veggie medley, these tips and tricks will make sure your kabobs are the talk of the BBQ.
Kabob Grilling 101
- Preheat the grill until you reach a consistent temperature before placing any skewers on it. We recommend around 375 degrees.
- Be sure to cut your meat and vegetables into similar sizes so they can cook evenly.
- Assess the space on the grill, and cut your meat and vegetables larger than the space between the griddles so they have a larger surface area of heat.
- Submerge your wooden skewers in water before cooking to avoid burning the wood.
- In order to create the desired grill marks, be sure to let your kabob settle and cook long enough before rotating them.
- Add some olive or vegetable oil onto your kabobs before placing them on the grill.
- It is helpful to set a timer with each turn to ensure each side of the kabob gets even heat.
- Grilling your kabob at a consistent medium heat than cranking the heat up too high. This will help you avoid a tough and burned kabob.
Average Cooking Times
- Most meats cook for around 12-15 minutes.
- Fish should take around 10 minutes.
- Veggies should take around 8-10 minutes.
Build Your Own Kabob
Try some of our favorite kabob pairings!
- Steak, Potato & Bell Peppers
- Stack together seasoned steak, cubed potatoes, and bell peppers to make this delicious kabob.
- Lemon & Garlic Shrimp
- Add some citrus flavor to your shrimp skewer and top with garlic, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Veggie Medley
- Line up mushrooms, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini and more for the ultimate veggie medley. Top with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic to complete the palette.
- Grilled Chicken
- Cube chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and pair with yellow bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Top with olive oil, soy sauce, honey and minced garlic medley. Top with salt and pepper.
- Meat Only
- Take your favorite meat and throw it on a skewer. Top with salt and pepper to taste and olive oil for browning. Pair with veggie kabobs as a side.
What’s better than your favorite soup in casserole form? Warm up and have a family meal with this Chicken Noodle Casserole.
1 bag Food Club® Egg Noodles
1 can Food Club® chicken
2 10 oz. cans Food Club® cream of chicken soup
2 cups Food Club® shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 bag frozen peas and carrots
Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch pan.
Cook egg noodles according to package.
In a large bowl, mix noodles, chicken, cream of chicken, 2 1/2 cups cheese, frozen veggies and seasoning. Pour into pan and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes and serve.
We have taken the opportunity to combine two of our most favorite desserts- churros and cheesecake. Follow the recipe below for a rich, creamy and cinnamon sugar-filled dessert.
2 cans Food Club® Crescent Rolls
8 oz. Food Club® Cream Cheese
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
In a greased 9×13 inch pan, unfold 1 can of crescent rolls and lay them across the bottom of the pan.
With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Spread evenly on top of crescent rolls.
Top with additional can of Crescent Rolls.
Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together and top entire pan with a thick layer.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy!
September is National Honey Month!
Everyone loves honey, right?! It is a tasty sweet that is a great alternative to sugar and also has multiple health benefits.
Some of those health benefits include:
- Contains vitamins and nutrients
- Rich in antioxidants
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Suppresses coughs
- Heals burns and wounds
- Relieves acid reflux
- Boosts energy levels
- Fights acne
- And so much more!
It also happens to be tasty on top of cereal, toast or a bowl of yogurt and oats. At our stores, we carry many options- flavored, raw and locally made honey. Next time you are in our store make sure to check out the honey aisle and start enjoying the taste and health benefits of adding honey to your pantry.
Now you are ready to use honey in yummy recipes. Here are some great options:
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes Total time: 15 minutes Serves: 24
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Food Club Mini Pretzels, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with a silicone spoon or spatula until well blended. Mixture should have a thick, cookie dough-like consistency. If too crumbly, stir in another tablespoon or two of peanut butter.
- Roll into 1”-balls, place on a plate and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store any extras in fridge or freezer to maintain their shape.
Elevate your classic tuna Sandwich easily for a twist on a lunch favorite. Find our recommended additions below.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 can Food Club Tuna
- 1/4 cup Food Club Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful of sprouts
- Freshly cut tomato
Start toasting 2 slices of bread in the toaster or in a pan. In a medium bowl, mix tuna, mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Once your toast has finished, layer tomato, tuna mixture and sprouts on top for the ultimate tuna sandwich.
CasseROLL your way into this broccoli chicken casserole. Satisfy your big cravings with big savings. Shop Case Lot today!
Visit our Weekly Ad here to shop this recipe.
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 box chicken stuffing
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 canned chicken breast
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a 9×13 glass or oven safe pan. Start by lining the bottom of your pan with broccoli, then do a second layer with the chicken.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (besides the cheese, butter and stuffing). Pour mixture over broccoli and chicken, then sprinkle the top with a layer of cheese.
- Melt butter and mix with boxed stuffing. Add this over your layer of cheese.
- Let cool before serving, then enjoy fresh or save for leftovers!
Take your cereal on the go! These fun grab & go milk cereal bars are perfect for busy school mornings.
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 5 hours 10 minutes Serves: 8
- 5 (6-ounce) tubs Food Club Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups Food Club Fruit Frenzy, Hokus Pokus or Honey Nut Toasted Oats Cereal
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt and honey and stir until blended.
- Line 8”x8” pan with wax paper and leave extra hanging over sides to use as handles. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Top yogurt with cereal, gently pressing it down into yogurt so it sticks together.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours, or until solid.
- Remove bars from pan by lifting up wax paper handles and slice into 8 even servings.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap individually and return to freezer.
- 6 to 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup Food Club sour cream
- 1/2 cup Food Club mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Food Club chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, from one lime
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, from one lime
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400F. Once heated, clean grates.
- Whisk together cream cheese, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place husked corn on grill grates. Grill corn for 3 minutes or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and begins to brown. Turn over and repeat. When all of the sides are browned, remove from grill.
- Plate corn and top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle chili powder if desired and serve!