You are going to love these Pepperoni Chicken Rolls! This unique take on a classic dish will satisfy all of your cravings.
Bake: 30 minutes • Serves: 4
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
2 large eggs
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
28 slices pepperoni
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley plus additional for garnish
1 jar (23 to 24 ounces) favorite pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray 11 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In shallow dish, whisk flour and Italian seasoning; in separate shallow dish, whisk eggs; stir breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in third shallow dish.
3. Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap on cutting board. With flat end of meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch thick; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Over each chicken breast, layer pepperoni and Italian cheese; sprinkle with parsley. Roll up chicken breasts and filling, tucking in sides as needed.
4. Dip chicken rolls in flour mixture, then in eggs to coat, allowing excess to drip off, then in breadcrumb mixture, pressing so mixture adheres; place in prepared dish, seam side down. Bake 25 minutes.
5. Spoon pasta sauce over top of chicken rolls; bake 5 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Serve sprinkled with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 593 Calories, 25g Fat (9g Saturated), 204mg Cholesterol, 1551mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 3g Added Sugars, 47g Protein
Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.