Unfortunately, strep throat is not a one and done infection. If you’ve had it once, that does not prevent you from getting it again in the future. Taking precautions and practicing good hygiene can help minimize your exposure to the virus.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or elbow, not your hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds (try singing your ABCs to count)
- Don’t share utensils, glasses or plates with someone who is sick
- Replace your toothbrush after 2 days of antibiotic use
- Try not to touch your face or mouth without washing your hands (this is the trick the doctors use)
- Exercise caution around someone who thinks they might have strep