Healthy Eating in 2019
Making healthy eating a “resolution” can be tricky! It seems easy to tell yourself at the beginning of the year that you are going eat healthier and make some big changes! But soon you realize that “resolution” has faded away and you are back to your old ways.
Instead of making a resolution why not make a life style change? Taking away the deadline of a resolution can help reduce the stress and pressure of this big change in your life! Here are a few ways to get you started on the right track!
- Meal Prep: Take any day of the week (preferably Sunday) and set aside about an hour to prep your meals for the week. It may seem daunting at first but once you have ready made meals you will thank yourself! Meal prepping cuts out the urge to eat out and will in turn save money. Win, Win!!
- Prep your fruits and vegetables: How many times have you got home from the grocery store and just threw your fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator and forgotten about them? Don’t let those go to waste! You are more likely to eat them when they are prepped and ready for you! When you get home, wash and cut them up! Place them in little bags or containers! Boom! Ready to eat!
- Eat Naked: No… I don’t mean that eating while naked. I mean, eat foods that don’t come packaged. Fruits, vegetables, fresh meats from the deli, nuts and seeds that you can buy in bulk!
- Invest in a good blender. Smoothies are a really good way to get a nice treat without all of the sugar! Plus, you can add vegetables like spinach and carrots to make it extra healthy without even tasting it! You can also meal prep smoothies! Have them in the freezer and ready to just dump into the blender! Time saving and healthy! Can’t go wrong there!
- Read the labels: Make sure you are reading the labels of what you are buying! Look for whole ingredients. And, the less ingredients the better!!