Here are ten tailgating tips to make you a tailgating champ.
- Foods that can be eaten with your hands work best for tailgating. Think chicken, tacos, hamburgers, pulled-pork sandwiches, brats, kebabs, burritos . . . the list could go on and on. Regardless, simple, delicious foods allow you to focus on fun and be less concerned with complicated recipes.
- If you tailgate often, develop a checklist and laminate it. (Lamination will protect it from rain, snow, beverages and tears of opposing fans.) Or, use one of many checklist apps to ensure you never forget a much-needed item during your parking-lot party.
- You’re about to sit in a potentially sun-filled stadium packed with people on a chair that may or may not be comfortable. Sit in style pre game by packing portable seating and some shade. Camp chairs come in all shapes and sizes and most fit easily in your trunk. Canopies are easy to set up and simple to store. Plus, you can almost certainly find them in your team colors.
- Perform pre-game prep. Chop, slice, and assemble whatever you can beforehand. Store all of your food in waterproof, plastic bags or disposable plasticware. Both allow for maximum storage usage in your coolers. The more you pack in disposable containers, the less you’ll have to lug home or clean. When possible, use several smaller containers, rather than one large one, so you can take only as much as you need out of the cooler and keep the rest cold.
- Make it portable. Assemble materials in containers that are easy to carry. Smart tailgaters gather items in containers like toolboxes or storage bins. Condiments and utensils can be stored in empty six-pack containers. Coolers are important. Use at least two—one for food, one for drinks.
- Food safety is important, especially outside. Have a cold food cooler and a drink cooler. Drink coolers will be opened more frequently, so separate coolers allow food to stay cold longer.
- Instead of using bags of ice, use frozen water bottles. The bottles will make less mess in the cooler and you’ll have perfectly chilled drinks as they thaw.
- Keep it hot. When food needs to be kept warm, turn a cooler into a hotbox. Warm bricks in the oven, wrap them in foil and place in a cooler lined with wet towels. This will keep your food warm for 2-3 hours.
- Keep it short. Don’t let food sit out for more than two hours. If it’s really hot outside, (over 90 degrees) don’t let food sit out for more than an hour.
- Don’t hesitate to rely on your teammates. Our store can be an important part of your tailgating tribe. With meat and cheese trays, fresh-cut fruit and veggies, deliciously portable desserts and more, we have all the solutions you need to celebrate another successful season.
Are you striving for that perfect hair style but just can’t quite find the right products? We have just the thing! During the month of August, get one TRESemme® item free when you buy three TRESemme® items using your rewards phone number! It is a win-win situation! Your hair will love it and you will save money! Hurry in today to start saving!
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Utah’s Hogle Zoo is home to an array of incredible animals including frogs, monkeys, lions, elephants, polar bears and more! There is something there for everyone and you are sure to enjoy yourself! During the month of August, every time you spend $15 on Coca-Cola ® Products using your rewards phone number, you will automatically be entered to win two Hogle Zoo tickets. Hurry in today!
*No purchase necessary. Click here to enter.
Make Dreams Come True for Utah Children August 1-31!
Starting August 1, we have the opportunity to help grant wishes for Utah children facing life-threatening and debilitating illnesses through our annual star icon drive for Make-A-Wish Utah. Every time you shop at our stores, you’ll be able to purchase a star and help grant a Utah child’s wish. Because of your generous support over the last ten years, we have been able to grant more than 115 wishes and make a difference for numerous children by providing experiences and adventures they otherwise might not get to participate in.
Wishes can range from travel opportunities to once in a lifetime experiences, but regardless of the nature of the wish, each one provides hope and smiles to children and their families. Most often, wishes are granted at a time that the child and their family need an extra boost to get through a difficult time.
We appreciate your support and can’t wait to help even more Utah children this year.
The abundance of fresh produce might be one of the best parts of summer. Did you know that you can get a wide variety of produce, including items grown right here in Utah, in our produce department? We’re excited to announce the return of our Eat Fresh, Eat Local farmers markets. Starting July 10th, you’ll be able to get fresh, Utah grown produce right in our store every day of the week. Saturday’s we’ll add some personality to our produce with a farmers market tent sale in our parking lot and some special guests—our growers! Each week our farmers and growers will be at different locations to say hello and talk about their produce from 8 a.m.-noon (see schedule below).
Our in-store and Saturday farmers markets will include a wide variety of items including:
- Yellow Squash
- And more!
The selection will only grow as the summer goes on and more crops become ripe. We’ll see you at the store!
- Mountain View Mushrooms – Jeremy Ranch
- Kuwahara Farms – 21st Street
- Mountain View Mushrooms – Holladay
- Johnson Family Farms – Holladay
Click here to learn more about our growers.
Did you know that 1 in 7 Utahns aren’t sure where their next meal will come from? We’ve teamed up with the National Grocers Association, Feeding America and other independent retailers across Utah and the country to fight hunger through the Independents Day of Giving drive. From June 19 to June 21 you can make a $1, $3 or $5 donation by visiting this page. The money will go to Utah Food Bank to provide meals to families in our neighborhoods who need a little help.
We appreciate your support. Together we can make a difference!
Did you know that 1 in 7 Utahns aren’t sure where their next meal will come from? We’ve teamed up with the National Grocers Association, Feeding America and other independent retailers across Utah, Nevada and the country to fight hunger through the Independents Day of Giving drive. From June 19 to June 21 you will have the opportunity to donate! The money will go to the Utah and Nevada Food Banks to provide meals to families in our neighborhoods who need a little help.
We appreciate your support. Together we can make a difference!
For every $15 you spend on Coca-Cola products from June 1-30, 2017 you’ll automatically be entered to win a pair of Lagoon passes. At checkout make sure you enter your Rewards phone number so your account will be entered to win.
Another great deal! You can save $7 on a regular single day ticket when you present a 12 oz. can of any Coca-Cola product at Lagoon anytime.
If you haven’t signed up for our Rewards program yet you can do so by asking any of our friendly employees and they can sign you up.
No purchase necessary. To read promotion Terms and Conditions click here.
Candy Carnival is here! Hershey’s, Just Bom, Ferrara, Tootsie or Trolli 1.06-6.5 oz. only 5/$5, Flipz 5 oz only 99¢, Wonka, SweeTarts or Nerds 14-18 oz only 2/$1, Nestle 5-6 oz. Sweetarts only 4/$5, M&M Mars Standard Bars only 2/88¢ and so much more! While you are in the store, make sure to enter to win a $50 candy shopping spree by filling out an entry form. If you win this $50 shopping spree, you will get to go to the candy aisle and get $50 of any candy you see! How sweet is that? You do not want to miss these savings so hurry in!