Make this super creamy and rich chocolate fudge flan full of chocolate cookies and bits of chocolate that will delight your taste buds.
Get everything you need to make this tasty dessert from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 25 minutes plus cooling Bake: 1 hour 20 minutes Serves: 12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 10 crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies plus additional for garnish, coarsely crushed (optional)
- 7 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Whipped topping for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. In small saucepan, heat sugar and 2 tablespoons water to a simmer over medium-low heat (about 15 minutes), gently swirling pan occasionally; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, swirling pan occasionally. Pour caramel into prepared pan.
- In food processor, pulse milks, cream cheese, cookies, 4 eggs and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Prepare cake mix as label directs using oil and remaining 3 eggs; stir in chocolate chips. Pour cake batter over caramel in pan; slowly and carefully pour milk mixture over cake batter.
- Place Bundt pan on large rimmed baking pan; place baking pan in oven and fill halfway with water. Bake flan 1 hour 20 minutes or until set, carefully rotating halfway through baking; cool completely.
- Gently run a thin, flexible spatula around edges of pan. Carefully invert flan onto serving platter; spoon any remaining caramel from pan over flan. Cut flan into 12 slices; serve garnished with cookies, chocolate chips and whipped topping, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 slice): 670 Calories, 30g Fat (12g Saturated), 148mg Cholesterol, 696mg Sodium, 91g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 65g Sugars, 13g Protein