- 2 fillets of 40 Knots Rockfish, Halibut portions or Pollock Fillets (whichever you prefer)
- celery salt
- juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- one green onion, sliced, both green and white parts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse and pat fish dry. Sprinkle well with salt, pepper and paprika. You should be able to see the seasonings on the fish. Place in oven-proof dish. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Sprinkle with green onion and garlic. Bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes at the touch of a fork.
For more 40 Knots Seafood recipes click here.
We guarantee you are going to like this version of green eggs and ham.
- Square snap pretzels
- White candy melts
- Green M&M’s (mint or milk chocolate)
Preheat oven to 200 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels on parchment. Top pretzels with candy melts. Put in oven and for 4 minutes until candy melts have softened. Remove from oven. Carefully put a green m&m on top of each candy melt. Wait for candy melts to cool before serving.
Join us in celebration of 70 years of happy shopping!
Come to any Macey’s location this Saturday, March 3rd to help us celebrate our 70th anniversary.
Enjoy anniversary cake straight from our bakery from 12-2 p.m.
At 1 p.m. we will be having a Kong Kone ice cream eating contest. One winner per store will receive free ice cream for a year!
We hope to see you all there!
- 4-5 scoops Red Button Vintage Creamery Sprinkled Animal Cookie ice cream
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- handful of sprinkled animal cookies
- whipped topping
Place ice cream, milk and cookies in blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into cups. Top with whipped topping. Enjoy!
Check out this great recipe and more here.
- 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves.
- Salt and pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 1 cup of orange juice concentrate.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 3 Clementines, peeled and segmented.
- 1 tablespoon of grated Clementine peel.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Brown chicken on both sides until chicken in thoroughly cooked. Remove and set aside. Add the flour to the skillet and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add orange juice concentrate, water and cinnamon. Simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens. Return the chicken to the skillet, spooning sauce over it. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add Clementine segments and zest, then stir.
How to cook the perfect steak
Have you ever wondered how the experts make their experts make their steaks taste so good?
A big part of it is choosing the right cuts and the right quality. Certified Angus Beef ® always has lots of delicious marbling, which provides flavor, tenderness and juiciness so you know you are getting the very best at Macey’s with Certified Angus Beef®.
As far as cooking goes, there are a few simple secrets that will help make you the king (or queen!) of the grill!
Follow these easy steps to sizzling success:
S – Start with a hot grill (500-550˚F. is ideal). Searing beef helps lock in its delicious juices.
T – Turn steaks gently with tongs or a spatula; never pierce them with a fork.
E – Ensure juiciness by flipping steaks only once.
A – Assess doneness with an instant-read thermometer.
K – Keep food safety in mind. Thoroughly wash anything that comes in contact with raw meat.
S – Set steaks aside to rest a few minutes before serving, to keep the juices inside.
That’s it – six easy steps to steak perfection!
Happy Shopping® and happy grilling.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 pound 40 Knots Cooked Shrimp
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 8-10 flour tortillas, 6 inch
Heat oil in skillet on medium. Add shrimp and taco seasoning. Cook until shrimp is cooked and warmed through. Serve shrimp in tortillas with desired toppings: sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and more! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Combine oil and seasonings together in a medium bowl. Wash the potatoes and slice into fries. Toss fries in oil and seasoning mixture. Place fries on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn fries occasionally.
The sweetest day of the year is almost year! Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without some kind of treat. This year we propose you bring your family and friends together for some Valentine’s Day fun, laughter and sweets. Decorating cookies is tradition for many holidays. Add Valentine’s Day to that list.
There are so many fun things you can do with valentine cookies. First off, there are many options of fun cookie cutters like hearts, lips, X’s, O’s, arrows and more. Try out some different shapes with your cookies. Even if you only have a circle cookie cutter you can let your creativity shine with sprinkles and frosting. There are so many options of sprinkles now a days from basic dots to larger bold shapes. With your frosting try some festive shades. You can go simple and spread the frosting on each cookie or you can try some piping techniques.
We have found so many great valentine cookies ideas and have put them all into one place! Click here to check out our Pinterest board.
And if you are in a time crunch stop in to your local Macey’s and grab some of our bakery fresh sugar cookies! We have everything you need for a valentine cookie sweet treat.
Valentine’s Day is almost here! Everyone has their own way to spread love on Valentine’s Day. Some prefer flowers and chocolates while others prefer balloons and a stuffed animal. All of these are great ways to celebrate your valentine but nothing says “I love you” like something simple like homemade cards, treats, meals and more. Show everyone on your love list that you care and make your life a little easier with these last minute valentines ideas.
For your significant other
- Make their favorite dinner for them.
- Grab some 3×5 cards and make a quick and easy coupon book.
- Box of chocolate and love notes-Get a box of chocolates and replace some of the chocolates with little notes of love and appreciation.
- Send them texts of love throughout the day to show you are thinking of them.
For your family
- Send your family valentines card whether they live down the street or across the country.
- Give them a call on Valentine’s Day and just say “I love you.”
- If you live close to your family surprise them with a box of goodies on their porch.
- Valentine’s dinner is saved for your significant other and kids but why not take your sister/brother/mom/dad out for Valentine’s lunch.
For your kids
- Deliver their favorite candy or treat to their school-SURPRISE VALENTINE!
- Make a heart filled breakfast for them.
- Decorate the house with hearts filled with reasons why you love them.
- Make Valentine’s night a family night-make dinner together, make a fort in the family room and watch their favorite movie.
- Follow the kiss scavenger hunt-Have your kids follow clues and kisses around the house that leads to a basket of Valentine goodies.
For your best friend
- Send them flowers or treats to their workplace.
- Have a Galentine’s party with all your best girl friends.
- Give them a gift card so they can pamper themselves.
- Plan a spa day-get a manicure and pedicure.
For your co-workers
- Bring a sweet treat to spread the love to the whole office.
- Decorate the office to get everyone in the Valentine’s spirit.