Cornbread and cranberries topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. A cold weather side dish favorite with a hint of holiday.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min
For Cranberry Skillet Cake
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Food Club Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounce package Food Club Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup Food Club All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Food Club Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Food Club Sweet Cream Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Food Club Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup Food Club Heavy Whipping Cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Food Club Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Place a 10″ oven-proof skillet in the oven and preheat to 400° F. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add cornbread mix, flour and sugar and stir until just combined.
- Remove skillet from oven and add butter. When completely melted pour in cornbread mixture and smooth into an even layer. Top with spoonfuls cranberry sauce ad use a butter knife to swirl into batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing and serving with cinnamon whipped cream and cranberry drizzle.
- Make cinnamon whipped cream by using a hand mixer to beat together heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Make cranberry drizzle by heating cranberry sauce in a small saucepan along with 1-2 tablespoons of water.