Bacon, spinach and artichoke pair perfectly in this tasty breakfast tart that is the best way to start your morning.
Get everything you need to make this delicious breakfast from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 25 minutes Bake: 25 minutes Serves: 6
- 5 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- ¼ cup chopped quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- ¼ cup thawed and squeezed dry frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, Asiago cheese, artichokes, spinach and bacon. Makes about 1¼ cups.
- Soften pie crusts as label directs. Lightly dust work surface with flour; unroll pie crusts. With knife, cut 4 (3½ x 3-inch) rectangles from each pie crust. Gather dough scraps; with rolling pin, roll out scraps and cut 4 more rectangles. Place about 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture in center of 6 rectangles; top each with remaining 6 rectangles, seal edges with fork and place on prepared pan.
- In small bowl, whisk egg; brush over tarts. With paring knife, cut 2 small slits in top of each tart; sprinkle with thyme and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 tarts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 tart): 316 Calories, 22g Fat (10g Saturated), 55mg Cholesterol, 488mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 7g Protein