This quick and easy homemade root beer is a fun, festive drink that is perfect for the spooky season.
- 4 quarts cold water
- 2-3 cups Food Club granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons root beer extract
- 1-2 pounds food-grade dry ice, broken into pieces
- In large pitcher, stir water, sugar, and root beer extract until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add more sugar or extract to preferred taste.
- Carefully add dry ice to pitcher using tongs and stir with a long-handled spoon so that the dry ice doesn’t stick to the bottom and sides of the container.
- Continue stirring until it is mostly melted, around 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle into cups and serve. Be sure to avoid any unmelted dry ice.