These baked tomatoes are a simple, quick side-dish or appetizer that is perfect for any occasion!
- 4 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for tossing and drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Food Club Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes, discard seeds /juice, and add to casserole dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, Food Club cheese, parsley, garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Fill the tomatoes with mixture. Bake 20 minutes and drizzle with a splash of olive oil before serving.