Grilling calls for a variety of recipes, with kabobs coming in on top! Whether it’s a fajita style skewer or a veggie medley, these tips and tricks will make sure your kabobs are the talk of the BBQ.
Kabob Grilling 101
- Preheat the grill until you reach a consistent temperature before placing any skewers on it. We recommend around 375 degrees.
- Be sure to cut your meat and vegetables into similar sizes so they can cook evenly.
- Assess the space on the grill, and cut your meat and vegetables larger than the space between the griddles so they have a larger surface area of heat.
- Submerge your wooden skewers in water before cooking to avoid burning the wood.
- In order to create the desired grill marks, be sure to let your kabob settle and cook long enough before rotating them.
- Add some olive or vegetable oil onto your kabobs before placing them on the grill.
- It is helpful to set a timer with each turn to ensure each side of the kabob gets even heat.
- Grilling your kabob at a consistent medium heat than cranking the heat up too high. This will help you avoid a tough and burned kabob.
Average Cooking Times
- Most meats cook for around 12-15 minutes.
- Fish should take around 10 minutes.
- Veggies should take around 8-10 minutes.
Build Your Own Kabob
Try some of our favorite kabob pairings!
- Steak, Potato & Bell Peppers
- Stack together seasoned steak, cubed potatoes, and bell peppers to make this delicious kabob.
- Lemon & Garlic Shrimp
- Add some citrus flavor to your shrimp skewer and top with garlic, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Veggie Medley
- Line up mushrooms, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini and more for the ultimate veggie medley. Top with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic to complete the palette.
- Grilled Chicken
- Cube chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and pair with yellow bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Top with olive oil, soy sauce, honey and minced garlic medley. Top with salt and pepper.
- Meat Only
- Take your favorite meat and throw it on a skewer. Top with salt and pepper to taste and olive oil for browning. Pair with veggie kabobs as a side.