Have this fun twist on a caesar salad for a healthy and delicious summertime meal!
Check out the deals in our weekly ad here.
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing Grill: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1½ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ (20-ounce) loaf sourdough bread, thickly sliced (about 3 slices)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons lite Caesar dressing & marinade
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt; let stand 10 minutes. Brush both sides of bread slices with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel; spray with cooking spray. Place salmon, bread and lemons on hot grill rack; cover. Cook lemons 6 minutes and bread 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once; cook salmon 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once. Transfer salmon to cutting board; loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Cut bread into cubes. In large bowl, toss lettuce, cheese, croutons and remaining ¼ cup dressing. Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve salad topped with salmon, sprinkled with pepper, and garnished with lemons and additional cheese, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2½ cups salad, 1 salmon fillet): 549 Calories, 22g Fat (5g Saturated), 124mg Cholesterol, 1167mg Sodium, 36g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 51g Protein