Add a little bit of citrus to your next steak🍋🍊 Try this recipe for a fun, summer-inspired meal!
Prep: 15 minutes plus marinating and standing Grill: 5 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ tablespoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1¼ pounds skirt steak (about ½-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Chopped fresh parsley and/or sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, stir garlic, oil, juices, zests, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Makes about ⅓ cup.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, rub steak with garlic mixture; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towel; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature if refrigerated. Place steak on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare, turning once.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and top with butter; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.) To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain; garnish with parsley, if desired.
Serve steak in tacos, quesadillas, lettuce wraps or stir-fries.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (5 ounces): 367 Calories, 27g Fat (9g Saturated), 110mg Cholesterol, 307mg Sodium, 2g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 30g Protein