This unique, Mexican street corn inspired bratwurst is a recipe that your friends and family won’t be able to put down!
Prep: 15 minutes Grill: 27 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 ears sweet corn, husk, and silk removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper hot sauce plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 uncooked bratwurst sausages
- 4 hot dog buns
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over high heat. Place corn on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes or until charred, turning ¼ turn every 3 minutes. Transfer corn to cutting board to cool; reduce grill heat to medium-low. Once corn is cool, cut corn kernels from cobs.
- In large bowl, stir red onion, cheese, cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, mayonnaise, hot sauce, garlic powder and chili powder; fold in corn. Makes about 1⅓ cups.
- Place brats on hot grill rack; cover and cook 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°, turning frequently. About 3 minutes before brats are done, place buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Serve brats in buns topped with corn mixture and hot sauce, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 topped brat): 505 Calories, 32g Fat (11g Saturated), 73mg Cholesterol, 1143mg Sodium, 36g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 7g Sugars, 19g Protein