Try this delicious grilled Thai peanut chicken tenders for a fun and flavorful dinner!
View all of the deals in our weekly ad here!
Prep: 15 minutes
Grill: 8 minutes • Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons canned lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai peanut satay sauce or Bangkok peanut sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 8 tenders)
- 2 medium orange, red and/or yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped lightly salted dry roasted peanuts plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- In small bowl, whisk coconut milk, peanut satay sauce, sugar and vinegar. Makes about 1/3 cup.
- Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag; pour coconut milk mixture over chicken. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 1 or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, toss peppers, broccoli coleslaw, lime juice, peanuts and honey. Makes about 5 cups.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes or until grill marks appear and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Serve chicken with broccoli slaw mixture garnished with peanuts and cilantro.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 chicken tenders, 1¼ cups salad): 487 Calories, 22g Fat (4g Saturated), 105mg Cholesterol, 581mg Sodium, 33g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 22g Sugars, 40g Protein