Ever been to a gathering or party in Utah? Chances are you’ve had the delicious funeral potato casserole that is beloved by many. Try this recipe for a classic Utah favorite!
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1-pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups longhorn cheese, grated, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Mix together all ingredients except for cornflakes and 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Put potato mixture in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Combine corn flakes and butter. Sprinkle mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.