This quick and easy pizza is fun to make and tastes great!
Check out the deals in our weekly ad here!
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 20 minutes Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bottle or can (12 ounces) beer such as lager, pale ale or IPA, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups favorite shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped/sliced bell pepper, black olives, cooked bacon, mushrooms, onion, pickled jalapeños, roasted red peppers and/or tomato; pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°; brush 2 cookie sheets with oil. In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; gradually add beer to flour mixture, stirring after each addition until incorporated.
- On lightly floured work surface, knead dough 1 minute or until smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces; with rolling pin, roll out each into a 10-inch circle and transfer to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake crusts 5 minutes; top with sauce, cheese and optional toppings, if desired. Bake pizzas 15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown. Cut each pizza into 8 slices.
Prepared dough can be frozen by individually wrapping each dough piece with plastic wrap and freezing for up to 2 months; thaw dough in refrigerator overnight and bring to room temperature before rolling out, topping and baking.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 slices): 342 Calories, 10g Fat (4g Saturated), 22mg Cholesterol, 735mg Sodium, 46g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 1g Added Sugars, 12g Protein