This delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate topped with crunchy graham cracker is a dessert that you’re not going to want to miss out on!
View our weekly ad here!
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 40 minutes Serves: 12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup bittersweet, dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 whole sheets graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 7½ x 10½-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and butter in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds; stir until smooth and cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in applesauce and chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in graham crackers and peanut butter; spread in prepared dish.
- Bake brownie 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool on wire rack and cut into 12 brownies. Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Substitute 1 cup coarsely crushed cookies or other variety of graham crackers for the graham cracker sheets; substitute sunflower, almond or other nut butter for the peanut butter.
Recipe can also be prepared in an 8-inch square baking dish; bake for 45 minutes and cut into 16 brownies.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 brownie): 411 Calories, 21g Fat (10g Saturated), 20mg Cholesterol, 155mg Sodium, 49g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 29g Sugars, 27g Added Sugars, 6g Protein