This no-knead bread might be no hassle to make but it is full of flavor!
Check out our weekly ad here.E
Prep: 10 minutes plus standing and preheating Bake: 50 minutes Makes: 1 loaf
- 3¼ cups all-purpose or bread flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- In large bowl, stir all ingredients; add 1¾ cups lukewarm water and stir until a shaggy, sticky dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place 8 hours or until doubled in size.
- Transfer dough to floured (12-inch) sheet parchment paper; with floured hands, quickly shape into a ball and dust top with flour. Cover with clean kitchen towel; let stand 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450°; place 6- to 8-quart oven-safe heavy saucepot in oven and preheat 15 minutes. Transfer parchment paper with dough to saucepot; cover with lid and bake 30 minutes. Remove lid; bake 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Transfer bread to wire rack to cool.
If yeast is not readily available, you can substitute 2 teaspoons each baking soda and lemon juice and/or vinegar; after mixing dough in step 1, skip to step 2 with no need to let stand.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 loaf): 186 Calories, 1g Fat (0g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 241mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 0g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 5g Protein