This delicious chili only calls for 5 ingredients and you can find most of them already in your pantry!
Watch the video recipe here!
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black, kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- Toppings: sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded Cheddar cheese and/or pickled jalapeño slices (optional)
- In large saucepot, add beef and chili powder; cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and broth; heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste; serve topped with toppings, if desired.
For a vegetarian version, 2 cups of your favorite cooked grain can be substituted for the ground meat. Add all ingredients to the saucepot at once, and heat to a simmer over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
Garbanzo beans or cannellini beans, and any canned diced tomatoes (up to 15.5 ounces) can be used in this recipe.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 307 Calories, 12g Fat (4g Saturated), 67mg Cholesterol, 980mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 28g Protein