Watch the video recipe here.
Prep: 15 minutes • Bake: 15 minutes • Serves: 12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 English muffins, split
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, mustard, salt and pepper.
- On work surface, with rolling pin, roll muffin halves until thin and flexible; line muffin cups with muffin halves and brush with butter. Divide spinach and egg mixture into cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F; let cool. Wrap cups individually in plastic wrap; freeze in freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag. Makes 12 cups.
- To reheat, wrap 1 breakfast cup with damp paper towel; cook in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup): 201 Calories, 12g Fat (5g Saturated), 202mg Cholesterol, 318mg Sodium, 14g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 1g Added Sugar, 10g Protein
To reheat in toaster oven: Cook cups directly on oven rack at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and internal temperature reaches 160°F.