This veggie-packed pasta dish is a tasty way to get vitamins and nutrients into your diet. Add a little chicken for some protein and you have a healthy, delicious, and nutritious meal for you and your family.
Check out our weekly ad here.
Prep: 25 minutes • Grill/Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 6
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ (14-ounce) package gluten-free penne pasta
- ½ pound green beans, ends trimmed and cut crosswise in half
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In a large skillet, cook breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon oil, crushed red pepper and ¼ teaspoon black pepper over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; remove from heat. Cool slightly; stir in cheese and lemon zest.
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and return to saucepot. Add spinach, tomatoes, peas and 2 tablespoons oil; toss and cover to keep warm.
- In large bowl toss chicken, squash, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken and squash on hot grill rack; cover and cook chicken 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F and squash 4 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning once.
- Transfer chicken and squash to cutting board; coarsely chop. Add chicken, squash and any juices remaining on cutting board to saucepot with pasta mixture; toss gently. Makes about 9 cups.
- Serve pasta topped with breadcrumb mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1½ cups): 393 Calories, 15g Fat (3g Saturated), 58mg Cholesterol, 416mg Sodium, 42g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 23g Protein